Anger is an inseparable part of us but, out-of-control anger can be harmful to you as well as for others around you. Be it at your home or office, poor anger management always accounts for your losses. Not only can it keep you from achieving success in the areas of relationship and your goals but also equally harmful to your own health.
With reference to a recent study, a person with high temperament is exposed to the risk of chronic diseases and even more dreadful outcomes if he/she is already affected with heart diseases. A person’s body could vastly deteriorates due to many stress-related problems like insomnia, headaches, depression and digestive problems mostly because of out-of-range anger management. If you realized you have problems controlling your anger, Anger Management is one acutely effective program which is the solution to your problem.
Here are some anger management exercise using breathing and visualization techniques that will help keep your anger in control and prevents you from over behaving out of anger:
There are many types of relaxation exercises that help you keep your cool in advert situations. This technique can be utilized as soon as you realize the outbreak of an anger comin. The steps under this technique include:
- Deep breathing through the diaphragm: You need to have deep breaths from your diaphragm, breathing through your chest is superficial breathing so you need to concentrate on your gut.
- Use a calming word: Repeating a word that brings you calm is highly effective. You can choose from; “relax”, “calm down” or “take it easy”. Perhaps the name of a loved one.
This is a method usually recommended to be used during the more conscious times. Under this process, your way of thinking is restructured slowly & effectively. For example, do not think it is an end of everything but rather, think of how you can make the best out of the situation. This way, you can avoid negative thoughts and thus control your negative emotions better. A few tips to do so:
- Make distance from negative words like “never”, “always”, “no”, “why me” and more.
- Determine a goal and stay focused and occupied in achieving it.
- Be logical; logical thinking helps in problem-solving.
- Do not expect but desire to achieve your goals.
- You can always visualize better outcome and make a plan to attain it, this will anytime help you in forgetting the reasons for an angry mind.
Visualization is the latest addition to the list of techniques for anger management. This is a far more effective method that enables easy anger management results. It is combined with breathing exercises which make them two times effective than alone. Here are the steps for adding visualization with breathing technique:
- Keep your eyes closed while you focus on your breathing pattern.
- Recall the picture of a happy time or a metaphor and then focus on the picture/scenario till you could relax your body.
- Repeat it 4-5 times and keep observing the results after each cycle. You will definitely feel the difference each time as it subsides.
These Anger Management techniques have been proven effective. Many have reported it to have helped them in extreme situations. However, experts advise the timely use of anger management techniques to avoid any further harm to mind, body or soul. In the case of extremities, you may also contact an Anger Management Specialist for further help.
The Mind Shifters Can Help
In our Anger Management Program, I incorporate techniques from NLP to make it more effective. You will learn the correct way to do your deep breathing and how to do activate the above techniques in time before you lose your cool. Most importantly, we help you diffuse the hot habit and learn to manage situations more sensibly.